Gold, precious stones, enamel Moscow, 17th century
The gold cup was one of the gifts from Patriarch Nicon to Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich in 1653. In 1686 the cup was presented to Prince V. V. Golitsyn "for his services, and for lasting peace with the King of Poland", runs the inscription on the bottom of the cup. A few years later the cup was returned to the Royal Treasury, together with other valuables of the Prince, who fell into disfavour.
A gold cup on a stem, with handles (1694), decorated with enamel, rubies and emeralds. Made at the workshops of the Moscow Kremlin, and presented by Peter the Great to his son Alexei Petrovich.